Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Homework

Urgghhh somedays I wish my children were all grown up so I wouldn't have this homework challenge every day. Katie is getting too social I wants to come home and play and talk, talk, talk on the phone so it is such a battle to get her to do her homework. I just keep remembering the country song where it states I will miss these days and hoping it is true!

Katie was doing her homework and came in crying. She was having to use a sentence with prevent in it and said I wish I could have prevented Aunt Virginia from dying. How sensitive she is! I remember Becky was about the same age as Katie when Jeremy died and she balled her eyes out at the funeral. Guess this is such a tender age to deal with death. I keep telling Katie Aunt Virginia was 90 and she is better off now. She just doesn't grasp that concept yet.

Work was busy today and then I come home to homework hell. Oh well, I will miss these days!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Love your new blog Debbie :o) Your girls are so cute an grown up! Check out mine when you have a minute.

Shannon said...

I know whatcha mean. I always think how nice it will be when the kids get older and I don't have to do this or that anymore... But really, I want them to stay little. It's just hard to remember sometimes, like when you're trying to get homework done.

Kerri said...

I'm excited that you have a blog, Debbie.

The girls are definitely getting so old and mature. It's amazing to me how fast it goes.